Friday, December 14, 2012

12 Days of Christmas Day 6-Hershey’s Miniatures Treat Box

Hi everyone! Happy Friday! Hope you all are having a wonderful day! I am looking forward to the weekend. Fridays are my busy and crazy days. My boys don't have school on Fridays so I have all four kids at home on Fridays. That means, I won't get any work done. We usually do chores on Fridays. I have the boys clean their room and do laundry. When chores are done, we go out to the park and sometimes over to grandma's house where the boys get to play with my two nieces Anabel and Jayelyn. Yesterday, I took Kyle and Kiara to my work place to visit my co-workers whom I have not seen for five months. It felt so weired going back to my work place but it was lovely to see my co-workers and friends again after so long. Kiara was so well behaved. She liked everyone which I was really surprise since she doesn't like strangers. I also spoke to my boss and I found out my return date was extended another week! Yay! I am so thrilled to have more time with my little princess. The sad thing is that I am returning back to work the day after Christmas. I completely exhausted all my time. Had she came on time on the 24th instead of a week early on the 17th of Aug, I would have been able to stay through the end of the year. Oh well, I guess sooner or late, I'll have to go back anyways. I'll be really sad but I'm ready to return back to reality. I also found out that this new year, we'll be relocating to a new work site. I am excited about that too because our current work site is located downtown and the parking is limited so once you get to work, you can't leave anywhere. I guess change is good. I'm looking forward to it.

Anyways, moving on to day six of my 12 days of Christmas projects. For day six, I have another treat box idea. This box was made particularly to hold six Hershey’s Miniatures Treats. Note: These are not the Nugget candy from day one's holder. I know this because I bought both and found out they are different in size. So, here's the story. I was working on my 12 days of Christmas projects so I went out to the store and bought a bunch of different kinds of treats. I knew I wanted to used the retired matchbox die to make a treat box so I knew I needed Hershey's chocolate to go inside the box. I bought a big bag of these miniature treats. It turned out, they did not fit the matchbox die box. So, I went out again and bought another bag which was the nugget. It turns out that's the one that fits the matchbox die instead. So, I thought, how am I going to use up these miniature treats. So, I decided to make a box to fit them in. So, here's the final project. It holds perfectly, six Hershey's miniatures treats. Look below for measurements on how to make the box and supplies used. You need strong adhesive to hold the bottom piece together but I just used mini glue dots to hold the lid in place. It worked fine. I just finished the box by tying a bow around the box with a piece of cherry cobbler seam binding ribbon and added a small tag using the jewelry tag punch. I'm just loving all the cute designs that are in the Festival of Prints DSP Stack. This set of paper is just the perfect size for small projects like these.
 


Bottom Box Measurement = 3 7/8” x4”, scored at 1”, 3” on the 4” side, scored at 1”, 2 7/8” on the 3 7/8” side
Lid Measurement = 2 7/8” x 3 1/8”, scored at ½”, 2 3/8” on the 2 7/8” side, scored at ½”, 2 5/8” on the 3 1/8” side
 
Supplies Used
Stamps: Tiny Tags
Inks: Cherry Cobbler
Papers: Whisper White, Festival of Prints DSP Stack, Vellum Cardstock
Accessories: Cherry Cobbler ½” Seam Binding, Cherry Cobbler Baker’s Twine
Tools: Jewelry Tag Punch, Mini Glue Dots

 
I hope you give this a try and let me know if you have any questions. I'll see you tomorrow for day 7. Have a wonderful weekend and happy stamping!