Thursday, December 13, 2012

Teacher Christmas Shaker Gift Cards

Hi everyone! It's getting closer to the holidays. I just wanted to stop by and share a quick and easy gift card idea I created for my boy's teachers for Christmas. I used the No Peeking stamp set for the images. You probably can not see but, it's actually a shaker card. That means that when you shake the card, there are things that move inside the frame where the image is. For the first card, I used glass glitter. For the second card, I used some mica flakes I had left over from last year's catalog. But, you can use anything that is small. All you do is adhere our shaker frame to the image and then add your glitter or mica flakes. Then cover it with a piece of window sheet. Then make sure you have a hole if the front of the card to place the image behind. Not only is it a shaker card, it's also a gift card holder. Behind the banner flag, there's a tag made from the two tags die. When you pull on the ribbon, a gift card pops up. Since I have two teachers, I made two different cards. Both are really cute. You could put any images behind there. I had my boys choose the colors and images they wanted to give to their teacher. See which ones you like better and look below for the list of supplies.

Card #1


Card #2

 
 Card #1
Supplies Used
Stamps: No Peeking, Owl Occasions, Make a Mitten
Inks: Lucky Limeade, Cherry Cobbler, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie
Papers: Cherry Cobbler, Festival of Prints DSP Stack, Naturals Ivory, Lucky Limeade, window sheets
Accessories: Cherry Cobbler 3/8" Quilted Satin Ribbon (Retired), Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine, Shaker Frame, Silver Glass Glitter
Tools: Mitten Builder Punch, Two Tags Die, Perfect Polka Dots Folder, 1 3/4" Circle Punch
 
Card #2
Supplies Used
Stamps: No Peeking, Owl Occasions, Make a Mitten
Inks: Cherry Cobbler, Midnight Muse, Basic Black
Papers: Not Quite Navy, Festival of Prints DSP Stack, Naturals Ivory, Early Espresso, window sheets
Accessories: Midnight Muse 3/8" Satin Stitched Ribbon, Whisper White Baker's Twine, Shaker Frame, Mica Flakes (Retired)
Tools: Mitten Builder Punch, Two Tags Die, Perfect Polka Dots Folder, 1 3/4" Circle Punch
 
That's it for now. I hope you this gives you a cute and fun idea to give a gift card to someone special for the upcoming holidays. I'll catch you tomorrow for day 6 of my 12 days of Christmas projects! Happy stamping.