Saturday, December 15, 2012

12 Days of Christmas Day 7-Fancy Favor Treat Bag

Hi everyone! Hope you are having a fabulous day! Today, I'm enjoying a lazy Saturday, relaxing and getting some work done! I was just thinking about how hard it's going to be when I return back to work in a week and a half. I know it will be a challenge but thank goodness for family. I have my mother, who just moved into town to help and my baby sister who is staying with me at the moment. I am so grateful to be blessed with a very loving and supportive family. I don't know what I would do without my family. They are a lifesaver that is for sure. I wouldn't be able to work if it wasn't for all their help. In fact, after having Kiara, I thought about quiting my day job to stay home with her. I discussed it with my husband because I was concern about day care. But, after a long conversation about it, I decided it was better to go back to work with my family's support. Although my daughter is very attached to me, I have to slowly train her to adapt to my family. Because my husband and I are in the home buying process and I have too many expenses, I need to continue to work for a little more longer. I mean, I don't enjoy my job but it's stable and it pays for all my bad crafting habits. I am a little crazy when it comes to my craft supply. My husband says sometimes I can be a little obsessed. But, if you're a crafter too, you'll understand. We are not crazy, just very passionate about our hobby which we love doing so much.

Anyways, back to day 7 of my Christmas project. Today, I have a quick and easy favor idea using the fancy favor die. What I did was take a piece of DSP and die cut a fancy favor box using the fancy favor die. Then I assemble the box together using sticky strip. Then I just dressed up the box by adding goodies inside and pinching the top close. Then, I wrapped Victoria crochet trim around it and the scallop tulle ribbon that is in the Holiday Catalog. I have to say, I am kind of obsessed with that ribbon at the moment. I'm finding every excuse to use them. I love that ribbon. I even bought some extra just because the Catalog is coming to an end soon and I wanted to make sure I had plenty. Well, here's a look at the bag. Look below for the supply list.
 

 
Supplies Used
Stamps: Come to Bethlehem
Inks: Cherry Cobbler
Papers: Very Vanilla, Gumball Green, Be of Good Cheer DSP
Accessories: Cherry Cobbler 3 ½” Scallop Tulle Ribbon, 5/8” Victoria Crochet Trim
Tools: Bitty Banners Framelits, Fancy Favor Die


Here's another cute idea of how to dress up the fancy favor bag. I'm sure there are hundreds of ways to dress it up but this one is made from using two pieces of the boxes. The outside of the box is from the Specialty DSP paper, Candlelight Christmas from the Holiday Catalog and the inside piece is from early espresso cardstock. I also used the Snow Flurry Bigz Die which is also in the Holiday Catalog to dress it up. Check out the pictures below:


 
Supplies Used
Stamps: Greetings of the Season
Inks: Early Espresso
Papers: Very Vanilla, Candlelight Christmas Specialty DSP, Early Espresso
Accessories: Early Espresso 3 ½” Scallop Tulle Ribbon
Tools: Fancy Favor Die, Sticky Strip, Snow Flurry Bigz Die
 
Hope you enjoy this quick and easy idea. I'll catch you tomorrow for day 8 of my 12 days of Christmas project. Have a nice day and happy stamping!