Saturday, December 15, 2012

A gift for the love of my life

So, I took a break from crafting and I went shopping at the mall today and it was crazy! It felt so crowded like they were giving away free things or something. I think everyone was just rushing to get their holiday shopping done. Same reason why we were there. We couldn't find parking so we parked several blocks away and walked. Then it started pouring rain. Luckily, we had an umbrella with us. My goodness, the things we do for our loved ones. I hope they appreciate us for it. I was shopping for the one person who I adore so much and can not live without in this life, my very loving husband Kong. And, I knew exactly what he wanted. He could afford one but he's always thinking about me and the kids first, so he didn't get one because he said it was not a need, just a want and he didn't want to spend that much money. So, I decided that this year, I would get him the one thing he has been wanting and talking about. So, guess which store I went to?

 
Yes, you guessed it correct. I went to the Apple Store. I have been in there many times to look at their products but have never bought anything from there. I always thought they would be super expensive and I always thought you had to make an appointment to buy something. Boy, was I wrong. I thought it was going to be a long wait because it was so crowded in there. But when I walked in, I was approached by a nice young lady who asked me if I needed any assistance. I told her I was in need of a laptop computer. She asked for my name and said someone will be right with me. Just about one minute, a man named Josh approached me and started talking to me. He was so knowledgeable and helpful. I told him I was buying my husband a laptop computer for his photography and he recommended me the best one they had, the 15" Macbook Pro with Retina Display. I think that's the one my husband was talking about and wanting anyways. We've always been an Apple family. We have iPhones, iPads, and iPods but never had a Macbook. It turns out, it was not that expensive like I thought. It was very affordable, and I received a discount for being a government employee. Yay! I was super happy. Like I mention before, my husband is a freelance photographer and loves shooting and editing photos. He's always adore the Mac computer for editing photos but never got one. For everything that he has done for me, I thought this was the least I could do for him. I love him so much because he's so kind, caring, loving, and understanding. He understands me and always gives in to me no matter how selfish I am at times. I can't imagine life without him. His happiness means the world to me so I wanted to give him this special gift. Good thing, he's too busy to read my blog, otherwise the surprise would be ruin.
 
So, here it is. In a beautiful white box. My husband is going to be so happy this Christmas.
 
It's so lovely, I had to wrap it up nicely too. Here are my supplies. I used store bought kraft wrapping paper. I just love kraft paper. I used a beautiful wire ribbon, gel pen, kraft paper to make the tag, baker's twine for the tag, and our tulle ribbon.
 
 Here's how it came out. Pretty, huh? Trust me, it's more prettier in person. I'm just not that great at photographing things. I'm still working on it with my husband's help.
 
So, that's all for tonight. I just wanted to stop by quickly to share with you my thoughts and gift for someone special to me. Thanks for reading and I'll catch you next time. Take care.