Monday, December 17, 2012

12 Days of Christmas Day 9-Cardinal Bird Matchbox Treat Box

Hi everyone! Happy Monday! Can you believe it, just eight more days before Christmas. I can't believe the year is coming to an end soon. I can't believe my time is running out so soon too. I'm going back to work in one week! I'm not looking forward to it at all. I'm actually really sad about it but I guess sooner or later, I'll have to go back so I guess life must go on. Oh, and my little princess turned four months old today. I can't believe how fast she's growing. I adore her as a little infant so much! She's such a sweet girl. She's been sleeping through the night for two months now and doesn't even get up at night to eat anymore. She's so adorable. I love her so much. We'll be doing her monthly shoot again this evening when her dad gets home. We've been photographying her in the same outfit and same place since she was five days old. We plan to continue this pattern until she is one years old so see how she grows and changes each month. I'll post pictures real soon to show you what she looks like so far. It's such a cute idea. I can't believe we didn't think of doing this with our boys. They must think we don't love them like we love her but really, we just didn't think of it until now. We love all our childern equally. Luckily, my husband is a photographer and we manage to take a lot of photos of the boys as infants and now as young boys.
 
Anyways, on to day 9 of my 12 days of Christmas projects. Today, I have for you the retired Matchbox treat box that I was talking about in day 6. Although the die is retired, you can still find it in the shop in the clearance section until supplies last or you can create a box by measurement to fit these nuggets. It holds four Hershey's chocolate nuggets. Note, these are nuggets not minatures. Read my blog from day 6 to get the full story about the difference. I dressed up the box with a punch art cardinal. The cardinal was so easy to make. It was made from using just one punch, which is our bird builder punch. It's so cute! I made it out of cherry cobbler. Check out the box below and the list of supplies.






Supplies Used

Stamps: Come to Bethlehem
Inks: Cherry Cobbler
Papers: Festival of Prints DSP Stack, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Bashful Blue, Midnight Muse
Accessories: Basic Rhinestones
Tools: Bitty Banners Framelits, Labels Framelits, Bird Builder, Northern Flurry Folder, Matchbox Die (Retired)


I hope you give this a try. Let me know if you need the measurements to make this box. I can create one that is similar to he matchbox die. I'll catch you tomorrow for day 10. Have a great day and happy stamping!